Introduction to the Shooting Sports

Original Mentor Page

In the effort to promote responsible gun ownership and rights awareness, I make the following open offer to any resident or visitor in the Evansville, IN area:

If you have never shot a gun and would like to try, I am willing to take you shooting free of charge. I will provide the firearms, ammunition, eye/ear protection and I will cover your range fees. I guarantee if you are on the fence about gun ownership and usage, you will not be at the end of the session. You will have fun and learn a little in the process.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to meet at one or the other!

If you live in a different area, please check this map for mentors that may be in your area.


Saturday, January 31, 2009

San Antonio Blogmeet

A bunch of the bloggers from the central / southern Texas areas are meeting at the Braken Rifle and Pistol Recreational Range just to the North East of San Antonio. The group is meeting at 0900 on Saturday 02-07-2009, but I'm driving down the night before.

From what I'm gathering, it looks like I'm going to have to pay for each gun that I want to shoot. I've never been billed for a range that way, so it'll be interesting to see. I've offered to the host of the meet to bring up to 7 different firearms, as seen in the pictures below.


I'm planning on bringing the following:
  • Bushmaster AR-15, 5.56mm
  • Henry .22LR Lever Gun, .22LR
  • Ruger 22/45 Mark III, .22LR
  • Ruger Single Six, .22 LR
  • Glock 19 with CT grips, 9mm
  • Springfield XD45 Service, .45ACP
  • Kimber Custom TLE II/ RL with CT grips, .45ACP

And I laid the rest of my supplies in today for the blogmeet. I visited Champion Firearms in College Station and picked up the following:
  • 200 rounds .45 ACP
  • 100 rounds 9x19
  • 200 rounds .223 Rem
  • 50 rounds 7.62x25
  • 40 rounds 7.62x54R
Also picked up a Serpa holster for XD45, a package of snap caps, and a set of Radians Electronic Muffs. I'll post a review of the new muffs after I get a chance to try them out at the blog meet.

Unfortunately, Champion was SOLD OUT of .22LR ammo. As a gun shop, how do you sell out of ammo for a .22? I headed over to Gander Mtn and picked up 1000 rounds of .22LR for the Henry and Ruger pistols.

Anyway, if you live in the San Antonio area, or want to make the trip, you're more then welcome to join everyone who's going to be there. Just for the record, I have never met any of the guys who are meeting up before.

No comments:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the Security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.