Introduction to the Shooting Sports

Original Mentor Page

In the effort to promote responsible gun ownership and rights awareness, I make the following open offer to any resident or visitor in the Evansville, IN area:

If you have never shot a gun and would like to try, I am willing to take you shooting free of charge. I will provide the firearms, ammunition, eye/ear protection and I will cover your range fees. I guarantee if you are on the fence about gun ownership and usage, you will not be at the end of the session. You will have fun and learn a little in the process.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to meet at one or the other!

If you live in a different area, please check this map for mentors that may be in your area.


Tuesday, April 22, 2008

6 word meme

EE felt the need to tag me with a meme!

Thanks EE! But you forgot the comment part!

The Rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

Capable of true perseverance I am.

I can't count the number of times I've been thrown to the wolves. That is, left on my own, and told to figure it out.

It's happened in EMS, it's happened in school, it's happened in my engineering schooling, and now on the job as an engineer.

I've been the only medical person at the scene of a nasty MVA, with the responsibility for the entire job on my shoulders.

On a similar incident, I was the only one arriving on location with the ambulance, and had to make initial decisions that could change the outcome of the job.

On yet a third instance, I arrived on scene prior to the ambulance arriving, and had to make judgment calls without any back up, while keeping myself safe.

In college, there were times I was thrown a bunch of parts and told to figure it out (the rest of the team was frustrated and ready to give up).

In my current job, I was hired to be a field engineer. The day I started I got sucked into the on site materials management team. The day after, the materials manager put in his two weeks notice. I'm now running the materials department on site, and so far, making do.

There are not a whole lot of things that I've come up against in life that I haven't succeeded at. There are a few, but not too many.

Now, I have no idea who to tag, so this is gonna have to wait just a little bit. And besides, I don't know that anyone reads this, and would respond anyway! I'll get back to you on that part

1 comment:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the Security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.