Introduction to the Shooting Sports

Original Mentor Page

In the effort to promote responsible gun ownership and rights awareness, I make the following open offer to any resident or visitor in the Evansville, IN area:

If you have never shot a gun and would like to try, I am willing to take you shooting free of charge. I will provide the firearms, ammunition, eye/ear protection and I will cover your range fees. I guarantee if you are on the fence about gun ownership and usage, you will not be at the end of the session. You will have fun and learn a little in the process.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to meet at one or the other!

If you live in a different area, please check this map for mentors that may be in your area.


Saturday, April 19, 2008

BAG Day 2008





Unfortunately, the local shop that I frequent didn't have any of the XD45 4" Service models in stock when I was up there about a month ago. I asked the owner to go ahead and purchase one for me, that I could pick up on BAG day. (Buy a Gun day - April 15th). Even more unfortunately, I was unable to pick the gun up on Tuesday because it hadn't arrived yet.

The pistol arrived on Thursday, and I picked it up last night on my way home from work. Snapped a few photos, and here we are today.

I ended up with a Springfield XD45 ACP, 4" Service model, riding in a Brommeland Gunleather Max-Con V, a total of 6 magazines, and 4 boxes of a new JHP ammo I wanted to try. I'm happy so far, and can't wait to break it in and make it the daily carry. I'm also considering a set of Crimson Trace laser grips, and it needs a set of night sites.


1 comment:

EE said...

I'm jealous.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the Security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.