Introduction to the Shooting Sports

Original Mentor Page

In the effort to promote responsible gun ownership and rights awareness, I make the following open offer to any resident or visitor in the Evansville, IN area:

If you have never shot a gun and would like to try, I am willing to take you shooting free of charge. I will provide the firearms, ammunition, eye/ear protection and I will cover your range fees. I guarantee if you are on the fence about gun ownership and usage, you will not be at the end of the session. You will have fun and learn a little in the process.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to meet at one or the other!

If you live in a different area, please check this map for mentors that may be in your area.


Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm with EE on this one...

To my whole readership, all 2 of you, and if there are more of you, seriously, shout out and give me a little encouragement...

Head over to Backboards and Bandaids and listen to EE, or just head over to Musings of a Highly Trained Monkey. They're asking for a whole $5.00, and I know all of us can afford to spend that much. The cause is extremely worthwhile, and the donation is not much at all.

EMS is really one of those jobs that is more then a job. It is actually a calling, and is one of the few jobs that I would consider doing even if I had all the money in the world. The people are great, and the brothers and sisters (and parents) I have made along the way are irreplaceable.

I'd just like to share this with anyone who runs EMS, works in emergency medicine, or provides emergency services.

Partners - Author Unknown at this time. If you have more info, please send it along.

Side by side we race through the night
With blaring siren and flashing lights...
A life's at stake, a precious soul,
Perhaps too late, beyond our control...
Times like this have come before.
Never quite knowing just what's in store...
When we arrive, our actions as one.
No thoughts need be spoken, just simply done...
To soothe a child's cry, to ease the pain.
Knowing times like this will come again...
Though it's done many days a week
The bond between us is quite unique...
Different than that of a man and wife.
For we can say we've saved a life...
To some it may just seem routine.
The things we've done, the sights we've seen...
But you and I know it's changed our hearts.
The ways we've seen life torn apart...
And seen life begin new and fresh.
All the while praying we've done our best...
Some day another will take our place.
A youthful still unknown face...
But never will time cloud my view.
Of all the thins I've shared with you..
for we are Partners...


Thank you.

1 comment:

Drew Rinella said...

Here's your shoutout. HOLLAAAAAA!!!

A well regulated militia being necessary to the Security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.