Introduction to the Shooting Sports

Original Mentor Page

In the effort to promote responsible gun ownership and rights awareness, I make the following open offer to any resident or visitor in the Evansville, IN area:

If you have never shot a gun and would like to try, I am willing to take you shooting free of charge. I will provide the firearms, ammunition, eye/ear protection and I will cover your range fees. I guarantee if you are on the fence about gun ownership and usage, you will not be at the end of the session. You will have fun and learn a little in the process.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to meet at one or the other!

If you live in a different area, please check this map for mentors that may be in your area.


Monday, April 14, 2008

A right to HealthCare - I think NOT.

By Neal Boortz via Townhall.com:

Among the rights guaranteed (not “given” as Bill Clinton believes) to you in our Constitution are:

  • Freedom of religion
  • Freedom of speech
  • The right to peaceably assemble.
  • The right to petition the government
  • The right to keep and bear arms
  • The right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures
  • Protection from double jeopardy
  • Due process
  • A speedy and public trial by jury
  • The right to legal counsel when charged with a crime

With one exception, the right to representation in court and a trial by jury, these rights require nothing of any other citizen but that they recognize your rights and not interfere with them.

Your “right to health care” would require some other person to give up a portion of their life or their property to either treat you or to provide you with drugs or medical implements. The Constitution does not provide for another individual to be indentured to you in this manner.

Therefore, you have no “right” to health care.

Deal with it.


Stolen from: Shamalama

1 comment:

Me said...

I came back to this blog to leave this comment. I was having a debate (read: argument) about the supposed "right to health care" in my ethical morality class. I used the point that you mentioned: your rights should not require me to do any more then to respect your rights. Everyone was very impressed by that point, so I made sure I contributed it to "this great blog I read every day."

A well regulated militia being necessary to the Security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.